Saturday, October 2, 2010

magically delicious

last week bear's sister gave me this recipe for lucky charms cupcakes. i use the term "recipe" VERY loosely as it basically stated i make a box of betty crocker cupcakes, frost them with canned betty crocker frosting, and then sprinkle them with lucky charms.

i strayed from the recipe just a little...

i made my favourite vanilla cupcakes topped with marshmallow butter cream frosting and ONLY the marshmallows from lucky charms on top, because really, no one wants the non-marshmallow bits...ESPECIALLY on top of a cupcake.

my helpful assistant bear rummaged through the cereal and picked me out a bunch of marshmallows. this bowl is pretty much my dream of what cereal should be:

in keeping with the pot o' gold theme of the lucky charms i used gold cupcake wrappers! why do the foil papers always get wonky when you bake in them? oh well...


i made the butter cream with my usual recipe and added half a bag of mini marshmallows that were warmed up in the microwave. it was sooooo sticky and impossible to pipe, but even though they look a mess, they were magically delicious!

which cereal would YOU like to have in cupcake form?

also, don't forget you can click on the trophy wife cupcakes button (in the right sidebar under my picture) to check out some of my other cuppies!

11 comments :

Chris C. said...

Look at those delicious Irish marshmallow luck icons! Too cute.

alicia said...

i was going to zest buddha's hand in the frosting but we were fresh out...

Anonymous said...

This is the most delicious thing I have ever seen!!!! It is very timely as last week I bought a family size box of Lucky Charms and I am almost done it -probably my favourite thing in life-Irish-themed sugary cereal...

Can you send me some Leaky!!!!???? I miss you!!!!! *star

Suburban Hypocrite said...

Dude, that sounds like heaven. I want to go Greg's and get me some marshmallow ice cream RIGHT NOW.

And to answer your question, I think Cinnamon Toast Crunch would make one hell of a delicious cupcake! Perhaps with a cinnamon and brown sugar and something gooey ribbon running through them...?

drea said...

honey bunches?!

i was sooo going to say cinnamon toast crunch suburban hypocrite!! is there a french toast version of that stuff? something maple syrupy!

count choc-u-la may be fun too! the possibilities are endless!

Anonymous said...

no lucky charms is what i would have suggested, so... good work on that. fake marshmallows on cupcakes are great... actual grain products, not so much.

probably you should start a business online making cupcakes that make me jealous and sad that you don't live down the street.

Carolyn said...

Leaks: you are a baking genius.

Kel: let's make those cinnamon cupcakes!!

punch said...

okay, god damn, it: i was the "anonymous" who suggested you start a business. fucking fingers.

alicia said...

cinnamon toast crunch is definitely next on the list of cereal favourites for me - i'm happy that the rest of you feel the same way!

please feel free to click the paypal DONATE button and contribute generously to my cupcake business fund. :)

megan said...

so i know you're at the ren faire now, and you'll see this comment after it's too late, but there is a small corner store out there that sells just the lucky charm marshmallows. no picking out the crunchy parts. they also sell it at shady maple. sugar overload. welcome to america.

megan said...

also - i have a cupcake holder i'm selling at the yard sale, you can have it if you want, it's prob like 2 feet tall,